Saturday, June 21, 2008

Friends.

When I was younger, I envisaged having a place and asking friends over to enjoy a nice dinner and a drink over the weekends. Hai, it never happened at all. Having children and tending to them, making sure they do their work already exhaust me those 5 days of the week. Come Saturday and Sunday, I would only want to sleep late and laze around. Where to find the energy to organise party in the evening? On top of that, friends started to have their own family and visiting in laws in the weekends or shopping trips or outings with their children or tuition during the weekend.

Over time, I lost touched with my friends. I married earlier and have children earlier than most of my friends. When they are still working and partying, I was grounded at home changing diapers and singing nursery rhymes to my children. When my children are big enough for me to be out, my friends are stranded themselves with babies. Thus, the distance and eventually lost of friends.

You can say my world revolves around my family. Nothing else, totally boring. If my family is broken, I might become broken as well. Who cares about me? Who think of me? Who loves me? I think I already know the answer. But I have to be strong, I can still go out to make new friends. Do you know that a person could still be lonely with thousands of friends around? Do you know that some could be at peace with only a friend?

Friends can not fill the void just because they are physically there. Yet, friends are needed everywhere. Are you friend to ur closest one? Or merely there physically for appearance sake?

LOL, my closest friend is Belladonna, she is with me most of the time, I am so glad I bought her even though she cost me S$1500. She is my best friend now.

No comments: